Geographical Sciences Advising Office Walk-in Hours
In light of the campus closure due to COVID-19, all Geographical Sciences Advising will be virtual. Please email geog-advise [at] umd.edu for block removal (see below), major changes, and any other advising questions you may have. If you would like to set up a Zoom or WebEx meeting please indicate that in your email. We look forward to seeing you in person again in the Summer!
TO REMOVE YOUR FALL 2020 ADVISING BLOCK
At least, 1-2 weeks before your registration date:
1. Visit www.uachieve.umd.edu.
2. Review your degree audit and note any discrepancies/questions.
3. Visit www.testudo.umd.edu to view the Fall 2020 schedule.
4. Create a list of courses you plan/hope to take.
5. Email that list to geog-advise [at] umd.edu (). Use the subject line “Advising: Last Name, UID, Registration date.” By having your registration date in the subject line, we'll know which emails to prioritize.
Example: “Advising: Hall, 11234567, April 13”
6. Once the list is approved we will remove your advising block.
Room: 2181M LeFrak Hall
No Appointments - visit us during any of the hours listed on the calendar below!
Due the nature of university scheduling and a small staff, our office can sometimes close unexpectedly. We do our best to announce unexpected closings via the Geography Undergrad listserv and this webpage in advance. We can always be reached via email at geog-advise [at] umd.edu if unavailable in person. We look forward to seeing you soon!
If you are utilizing a screen reader please visit our screen reader friendly hours page.