Areas of Interest
- Remote Sensing
- Forest Biomass/Carbon Monitoring
- Geographic Information System
- Climate Change
- Earth Dynamics
- Environmental Conservation
Degree TypeM.Sc.Degree DetailsCentral European University (CEU)
Degree TypeB.Sc.Degree DetailsAsian University for Women (AUW)
2022-06-07Current Voting Member of Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOTOSM)
2017-05-10Recipient of international “Community Development Mapping Grant” of Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team(HOT)
2015-07-01Exchange program student of U.S. State Department's CCIP Program (2015-2016)
CSCE Annual Conference 'Tradition and the Future – La Tradition et L’Avenir '
- Basak, Paromita. 2020. Using Open Geospatial Data to Analyze Climate Change Impact on National Food Security Factors of Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan). Master of Science Thesis, Central European University, Budapest.
- Basak, Paromita; Mohee, Fai; Gormaly, Marina Freire. 2020. Case study of Arsenic Contamination in Sitakunda District, Chittagong, Bangladesh. CSCE Annual Conference 'Tradition and the Future – La Tradition et L’Avenir '. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Geospatial-Information Science and Remote Sensing
- Carbon, Vegetation Dynamics and Landscape-Scale Processes
Department of Geographical Sciences
pbasak [at] umd.edu