Shuyu Jin is a doctoral student at the University of Maryland, College Park. She has cultivated a wide range of technical knowledge and skills in GIS, remote sensing, and computing. Specifically, she has developed geospatial tools and models for human-environment research, including climate adaptation, land use planning, and information development applications.
Her goal is to pursue a career in climate change focusing on spatial analysis, mapping, and community engagement. She is interested in exploring, conducting scientific research, telling stories, and educating others about socio-environmental development, particularly regarding community resilience efforts.
Areas of Interest
- Social-ecological resilience for successful adaptation to climate change
- Spatial analysis and mapping for community-based health and management
- Coordination among diverse stakeholders in the coastal system
- Geospatial-Information Science and Remote Sensing
- Human Dimensions of Global Change - Coupled Human and Natural Systems