Enhance your employability and locate careers through the Department's internship and job opportunities!
One excellent resource to obtain this information is through the NEW Feller Center in BSOS.
The Feller Center in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences is a co-located hub for academic advising and career planning services. The Center offers customized career planning resources for BSOS students.
- Career Exploration Guide: GEOG: Includes sample work titles/areas of our recent graduates, career planning information, research, internship, and graduate school resources tailored for Geographical Science majors!
- Explore internship sites: Review previous internship sites, tips for locating openings in the geographical science field, plus much more.
- Gain experience: Add to your marketable skill by landing an internship, research position, leadership position on campus, part-time job, etc.
- Research: Learn about research options at UMD and in the greater DMV area. Review tips and events for getting involved in research and learn how to get funding for your research!
Prepare to Apply
- Resume development: Sample GEOG resumes, cover letters, and other relevant application materials.
- Search strategies for internships/jobs: Use UMD’s expansive alumni network and Careers4Terps @ BSOS to scan openings for current students.
- Meet employers/alumni: The Feller Center and the University Career Center works together to offer BSOS majors access to over 1,000 professionals yearly. Attend our events.
- Graduate school planning: Use these resources to start planning your graduate school research/planning.
GEOG majors also have access to the University Career Center.