Geographical Sciences Computer Lab Reservations
Hours: 8 am - 10 pm
These are the building hours and students may NOT remain in the lab past 10 pm. No exceptions.
This lab is reserved for GEOG/GIS majors, ENSP Marine and Coastal majors, ENSP Global Environmental Change majors, ENSP Land Use majors, GIS/RS minors, GEOG MS and PhD students, and students enrolled in a GIS and/or RS course.
To use the labs you must complete two steps,
- Email geog-advise [at] umd.edu with your UID to request ID card swipe access (this may take 2-3 business days).
- Make a reservation here:
LEF1104 Reservations (NEW Lab!)
- You MUST sign up for a timeslot reservation. You may NOT enter the labs if you have not signed up. Failure to book a timeslot will result in an immediate revocation of your swipe access.
- While you may book multiple time slots, please be aware that capacity is extremely limited. As such, do not sign up for more time than you anticipate needing, and be sure to cancel any reservations you do not intend to use.
- Use the cleaning supplies provided to clean your workstation both BEFORE and AFTER you use the space. The wipes may be used gently on the keyboards and monitors.
- Maintain a strict 6 ft of social distancing. Students may NOT share a computer, use a closed computer, or move chairs.
- Wear a mask at ALL TIMES. No exceptions.
- Do NOT ever open the door, for anyone. Allowing someone without swipe access into the lab will result in immediate revocation of your swipe privileges.