Student Life and Campus Resources
The links below offer resources on Student Life at the University of Maryland:
- Graduate Student Life: GSL provides programs that help create a tangible graduate student community, celebrates the uniqueness of graduate students, and fosters conversation and collaboration across disciplines.
- Graduate Student Lounge: a resource for all UMD graduate students located in the Stamp Student Union, with food, beverage and computational amenities. Free Coffee Thursdays in the lounge.
- GSL Family Programs: programs designed to promote quality time between graduate student parents and their children.
- Graduate Student Government: the only campus organization sponsored, staffed and run exclusively by graduate students. The GSG advocates for graduate students on and off campus, bringing concerns to University officials, USM officials, the Board of Regents, and lawmakers.
- Off Campus Housing Services: OCHS provides personalized information and resources about housing and off-campus living and fosters students’ education in becoming responsible members of the communities in which they live.
- Transportation Services: information on getting around campus and into the DC metropolitan area via shared and personal vehicles and bikes.
- English Editing for International Graduate Students: international students may submit portions of required academic writing for free editing.
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): provides assistance and information on matters pertaining to the international students who come to UMD to fulfill their educational and professional goals. ISSS offers services necessary to meet the special immigration needs of the F, J, H, O and TN populations.
- University Recreation and Wellness: information on UMD's fitness, wellness, and intramural facilities and events.
- UMD Counseling Services: Currently registered UMD students are eligible for short-term group, individual, and couples counseling; there is no fee for counseling. There is no limit to the number of group sessions used; some groups may run weekly for a full semester or a full year.
- Graduate Student Legal Aid Office: provides free legal information, consultations, referrals, and brief assistance to UMD-College Park graduate students on a wide range of both off-campus and university matters. The GSLAO does not represent students against the University, and cannot advise one student directly against another student in a civil law matter.