Meredith G. L. Brown
Graduate Research Assistant
Meredith is a Graduate Research Assistant and PhD candidate under Dr. Shunlin Liang. She works on developing and validating surface shortwave radiation estimates from satellite data. She earned her BS in Physics with a minor in Applied Mathematics from the University of Washington, and her MS in Atmospheric and Climate Dynamics from the Jackson School of Geosciences at the University of Texas at Austin.
In her time at UMD, Meredith has served as the Graduate Student Government Representative for GEOG, and two years as an executive member of the department’s Graduate Student Organization.
- MS The University of Texas at Austin
- BS University of Washington
- 2014 Behavioral and Social Sciences Dean's Fellowship
- 2017 Department of Geographical Sciences O.E. Baker Award
- 2016 AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, United States. Poster: A comparison of non-parametric techniques to estimate incident photosynthetically active radiation from MODIS for monitoring primary production
Department of Geographical Sciences