My research studies includes Ocean Colour Remote Sensing, Satellite Image processing, Atmospheric correction techniques, Radiative Transfer Modelling, Underwater optics, and Ship borne field measurements
Areas of Interest
- Ocean Colour Remote Sensing, Calibration/Validation of Ocean Satellite sensors, Satellite Image Processing, Atmospheric Correction Techniques
- Ocean Radiative Transfer Model, Marine Optics, Ship-borne Field Measurements, Bio-optical Modeling over Inland and Coastal waters
CV: 119.14 KB
Degree TypePhD (2015)Degree DetailsOcean Colour Remote Sensing
Degree TypeME (2007)Degree DetailsDigital Communication
Degree TypeBE (2005)Degree DetailsElectronics and Communication Engineering
- Nima, P.,Sundarabalan, V. B.,S. Sarkar, and B. Franz(2018), “Towards long-term aquatic science products from heritage Landsat missions”, Remote Sensing 10, 1337 (ImF = 3.406).
- Sayoob, V., Shanmugam, P., and Sundarabalan, V. B (2018), “Monte Carlo simulations of the backscattering measurements for associated uncertainty”, Optics Express 26, 21258-21270(ImF = 3.356).
- Nima, P., S. Sarkar, and B. Franz,Sundarabalan, V. B., and J. He (2017), “Sentinel-2 MultiSpectral Instrument (MSI) data processing for aquatic science applications: Demonstrations and validations”,Remote Sensing of Environment 201, 47-56 (ImF = 6.26).
- Sundarabalan, V. B., and P. Shanmugam (2016), “Modeling of underwater light field fluctuations in coastal oceanic waters: Validation with experimental data”, Ocean Science Journal 51, 67-86 (ImF = 1.61).
- Sundarabalan, V. B., and P. Shanmugam (2015), “Modelling of underwater light fields in turbid and eutrophic waters: application and validation with experimental data”, Ocean Science 11, 33-52 (ImF = 1.962).
- Gokul E, Shanmugam P, Sundarabalan V. B, Arvind S, and Chauhan P (2014). Modelling the inherent optical properties and estimating the constituents’ concentrations in turbid and eutrophic waters, Continental Shelf Research 84: 120–138 (ImF = 2.115).
- Sundarabalan. VB, Shanmugam. P, Manjusha. SS (2013). Radiative transfer modeling of upwelling light field in coastal waters, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer; 121:30-44 (ImF = 2.288).
- Shanmugam. P, Suresh M, Sundarabalan. VB(2013). OSABT: An Innovative Algorithm to Detect and Characterize Ocean Surface Algal Blooms, IEEE Journal of selected topics in applied Earth observations and Remote Sensing; 6:1879–1892 (ImF = 2.827).
- Shanmugam P, Sundarabalan VB, Ahn YH, Ryu JH (2011). A New Inversion Model to Retrieve the Particulate Backscattering in Coastal/Ocean Waters. IEEE transactions on Geoscience and remote sensing; 49:2463-2474 (ImF = 2.933).
- Shanmugam P, Ahn YH, Ryu JH, Sundarabalan VB(2010). An Evaluation of Inversion Models for Retrieval of Inherent Optical Properties from Ocean Color in Coastal and Open Sea Waters around Korea. Journal of Oceanography; 66:815-830 (ImF = 1.464).
sbalan [at] umd.edu