The University of Maryland Graduate School (GS) serves as the academic base for the entire Graduate Student community. The links below highlight information on GS policies, opportunities, events, and resources:
- The Graduate Catalog: the official listing of the policies governing graduate education at the University of Maryland, College Park. This Catalog documents policies and procedures set by the Graduate Council and the Graduate School, and is updated each academic semester to reflect changes and updates to policy. Information on admissions policies, academic policies (including degree requirements), registration policies, and financial aid and student support policies are contained in the Catalog.
- Professional and Career Development Resources: includes workshops, trainings, and sessions on job searching and career path exploration.
- Financial Literacy Resources: informational videos produced by the GS on making informed financial decisions.
- Graduate School Writing Center: thesis and dissertation retreats, personal consultations, supporting writing groups, and other opportunities for conversations abouting writing across the graduate community.
- Tax Prep Assistance Program (TAP) for Graduate Students: helps graduate students prepare federal and state income-tax returns. The TAP provides information about students’ income- tax obligations and how to meet those obligations. However, the TAP does not offer individual tax advice.
- GS Calendar of Events: Graduate School conferences, ceremonies, social and other events throughout the year.