Geographical Sciences Career Fair
The Geographical Sciences Advising Office at the University of Maryland, in cooperation with the University Career Center, sponsors a semi-annual Career/Internship Fair specific to Geographical Sciences, GIS and ENSP students every semester. Public, private, and non-profit employers attend to seek out potential interns and employees.
The next Career Fair will be Friday October 20th, 2017 from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm in LeFrak, room 1158 (please note the room change from previous years).
List of Employers Currently Attending - Check back often, employers may be added at any time up until the date of the fair.
Tips for Students
· Dress to impress! Wear business casual or business attire.
· Bring a few copies of your updated resume! Meet with the Career Center before the fair to perfect your resume.
· Do your research! Gain background insight on the agencies, corporations and organizations to which you will apply.
· Be prepared with an elevator pitch! An elevator pitch is a short (~30 seconds) introduction of yourself, your skills, and why you are interested in a particular agency/company. Be prepared with a question to ask the employer.
· Attend: Employer Resume Review for the Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair
University Career Center - 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing
October 16, 2017, 1-4 p.m.
RSVP Here! (More info: Contact Kristen Frese, email@example.com)
Are you planning to attend the Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair, but don't know where to start? Want to know what to expect and how to prepare to make a great impression on the organizations you speak with?
Mr. Hayward, a UMD Alum and GIS Manager at Pure Technologies, will hold office hours in the University Career Center to help you prepare! Mr. Hayward is offering the following services...
- resume review (bring a printed resume)
- career fair preparation tips
- interview prep tips
- information on the field of GIS
For more Career Fair Preparation, visit the Career Center's Career Fair Prep Page!
Employers and organizations that have attended the Geographical Sciences Career Fair in the past include (there is no guarantee that these same employers will attend this year):