Dr Klaus Hubacek is an ecological economist with a research focus on conceptualizing and modeling the interaction between human and environmental systems and developing and modeling scenarios of future change. Klaus has worked extensively with stakeholders in participatory research projects and led large interdisciplinary research teams. He has published more than 200 articles in journals, books and research reports on topics such as climate change adaptation and mitigation, participatory modelling, management of ecosystems services, land use change and governance. Klaus has conducted studies for a number of national agencies in Austria, China, Japan, UK, and U.S. and international institutions such as the European Statistical Office (EUROSTAT), the International Union for Conservation and Nature (IUCN), and the World Bank. Currently, he is on the advisory board for the City of Shanghai Climate Center in China and for the Sustainable Land Management Program of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research; he serves on the editorial board of a number of scientific journals and is council member of the International Input-Output Association.
- Ecological Economics
- Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Land Use Governance
- Ecosystem Services
- Natural Resource Management
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Liu, Z., Guan, D., Wei, W., Davis, S., Ciais, P., Bai, J., Peng, S., Zhang, Q., Hubacek, K., Marland, G., Andres, R., Brown, D., Lin, J., Zhao, H., Hong, C., Boden, T., Feng, K., Peters, G., Xi, F., Li, Y., Zhao, Y., Zeng, N., He, K., (2015), Reducedcarbon emission estimates from fossil fuel combustion and cement production in China, Nature 524, 335–338.
- Feng, Kuishuang, Klaus Hubacek, Laixiang Sun, Zhu Liu. 2014. “Consumption-based CO2 accounting of China's megacities: the case of Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Chongqing.” Ecological Indicators (Elsevier. 2012 IF: 2.89; 5-yr IF: 3.491),vol. 47 (Dec), pp. 26-31, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2014.04.045.
- Kuishuang FengResearch Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- Federica RaveraResearch Associate, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Ben DrakeResearch Associate, ADAS (Environmental and rural consultancy), UK
- Doan NainngolanResearch Associate, Arhus University, Denmark
- Li Xinstill at Leeds
- Jan MinxIPCC Head of Technical Support and TU Berlin and PIC Potsdam
- Dabo GuanSenior Lecturer (Associate Professor), University of Leeds, UK and Fellow of St Edmund’s College, Un
- Muhammad QasimAssociate Professor, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan, Pakistan
- Shova Thapa-KarkiLecturer (Assistant Professor), University of Sussex, UK
- Anamika BaruaAssistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati, India
- Paul DoddsResearch Associate, UCL Energy Institute
Department of Geographical Sciences