Geographical Sciences Career Fair
The Geographical Sciences Advising Office at the University of Maryland, in cooperation with the University Career Center, sponsors a semi-annual Career/Internship Fair specific to Geographical Sciences, GIS and ENSP students every semester. Public, private, and non-profit employers attend to seek out potential interns and employees.
The next Career Fair will be April 1st, 2016 from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm in LeFrak, room 1124.
Student Information (Recruiter Information can be found below)
List of Employers Currently Attending - Check back often, employers may be added at any time up until the date of the fair.
Employers and organizations that have attended the Geographical Sciences Career Fair in the past include:
Tips for Students
· Dress to impress! Wear business casual or business attire.
· Bring a few copies of your updated resume! Sign up for the University Career Center's Resume Clinic Workshop for advice.
· Do your research! Gain background insight on the agencies, corporations and organizations to which you will apply.
· Be prepared with an elevator pitch! An elevator pitch is a short (~30 seconds) introduction of yourself, your skills, and why you are interested in a particular agency/company. Be prepared with a question to ask the employer.
The Department of Geographical Sciences at the University of Maryland, College Park, in cooperation with the University Career Center & The President's Promise, is delighted to announce its semi-annual Geography Career and Internship Fair. The next Career and Internship Fair will be held on April 1st, 2016 in LeFrak Hall, Room 1124, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Graduate and undergraduate students from many departments will attend. The Fall 2015 Career and Internship Fair was a ringing success and this Spring will be no different!
In order to ensure a spot in our Career and Internship Fair, please use the links below.
- REGISTER for the Fair
- POST Jobs and Internships in Careers4Terps
- RESERVE FREE On-Campus Interview Space
Limited free parking for employers will be available. For more parking information, click here.
Recently, the Graduate Geographical Sciences Department has been ranked the # 3 program in the country. Our Geographical Sciences majors have a variety of skills, from data source management and statistics, to cultural interpretation and policy assessment. They learn to use GIS, Remote Sensing, and Computer Cartography to understand and analyze both natural and human systems. Geography graduates can fulfill a wide variety of positions even if you do not engage in what is traditionally termed ‘geography.' Our students are always searching for paid and unpaid internships, and part time positions, as well as full time post-graduate employment.